This was my final for DAGD 255 (Game Programming I). Using Microsofts XNA framework, I recreated Asteroids with 3D assets. I also tried to create a Starfox-esque boss level. The game also kept track of players' high scores.
This was an experiment to see how I could go about making an action based battle system using Unity's animation system. It went pretty well, and I got some insight on how to go about it when I start working on the game I want to use the battle system in.
The character model and animations were made by Peter Lantz. His website can be found here.
I programmed the character controller, and put the animations into mechanim.
You can download a build of this demo here.
- Arrow/WASD keys: move character
- Ctrl: Guard
- Alt: Light Attack
- Shift: Heavy Attack
This was an experiment I made in Processing for my Applied Digital Simulations course. I used a boid flocking algorithm in 3D space, then gave the agents certain properties like hunger, labido, gender, and whether they were herbivores or not. Eventually, these agents would breed with eachother, and their offspring would have properties based on its parents. I've found that roughly 50% of the time, the agents all die, and the other 50% they over populate.
This was a small game I made in Unity. I was trying to challenge myself and see how much I could get done in a day. I spent roughly eight hours on the project and was pretty satisfied with where I got. The whole process was broadcasted on Twitch.
The game includes the following
- 2 different kinds of minor enemies
- 1 large boss
- Power ups
- A hellish amount of bullets